Merve Cirisoglu is an award-winning animation director, producer, writer, artist and educator, who is passionate about creating children's content.
She provides animation and education services for individuals and companies through her independent creative studio, Animatick Arts, based in London. She collaborates with an evolving network of specialist creative talent, and creates projects that speak to the hearts of children.
As a determined producer who is holding a master’s degree in Animation at University of the Arts London with Distinction and BA in the Faculty of Education at Bogazici University with Honors Degree, she blends her art and education background to tell engaging and educative stories with memorable characters through the art of animation in the most eloquent way possible. She strives to explore and better her skills as an artist and leader each day, hoping to create unique productions that contribute to spreading peace and goodness.
In addition to her professional journey, she has been volunteering for disadvantaged children since 2011. She is the founder and chairman of Iyilikhane Association for Children whose activities were recognised in national and international media and awarded with a "Courage Award" and an "International Kindness Award". She was invited by the United Nations as the top filmmaker to present her multi-award winning animated movie about the story of refugee children, The Box, at the UN Headquarters, and shared her story from voluntary based social projects to animated shorts on the TEDx stage and at several film festivals in the UK, Pakistan, Georgia, Greece, Turkey and Spain.
• Animation Director | Scriptwriter | Supervisor | Concept Designer | Character Designer of the animated series of the children’s song album of Yusuf/ Cat Stevens, I Look I See.
• Production Manager | Concept Designer | Animation Supervisor of an unannounced project of YIF.
• Director | Producer | Scriptwriter | Concept Designer | Music & Vocal Supervisor | Production Manager | Supervisor of the animated series, which will be released soon.
• Director | Producer | Scriptwriter | Concept Designer | Production Manager | Supervisor of the narrative animated short, which will be released soon.
• Director | Producer | Scriptwriter | Concept Designer | Production Manager | Animator | Editor of the narrative animated short, “The Box” (2016), which was awarded 45 prizes including “Best Animation”, was officially selected by 252 international film festivals and hit nearly 2 M views on YouTube.
• Director | Producer | Concept Designer | Production Supervisor | Character Designer of the animated music video, “Ramadan Moon” (2019), which was broadcasted on the TV channels, and hit more than 10 M views on YouTube.
• Author of the children’s book “Karton Kutu” published and distributed in Turkey.
Some of the wonderful clients and collaborators:
Yusuf Islam Foundation, Yunus Emre Institute, Imperial College London, University of Cambridge, University of Washington, Ucan At Publishing House, Tofuzi International Film Festival, BIM Retailer, Bioscopia Digital, Be Kind Movement.
Unsung Archieves in Portugal; Star, TRT, CETO, Sabah, Yeni Safak, Daily Sabah, Genc, Nihayet, The Brand Age in Turkey; and El Pais Newspaper in Spain.